Taken by Beatrice Murch (blmurch)

Edinburgh Fringe Diaries | Aug 22nd | The Audience & Goodbyes

Alison Spittle

Audiences, they’re great and can change a show, I wish I updated my diary while I was on a high but it’s only the times you’re feeling low you need a moan.
I’m sick, I hope it’s a twenty four hour bug, I woke up late, went for a meeting and did my gig and stayed on the couch for the rest of the day. I feel like a cold cup of puke.
I had a bad gig today. the audience were 80% octogenarians and didn’t like the cut of my jib at all. The other 20% were lovely comedy angel audience members but it’s tough to just focus on them. I try not to prejudge a crowd but I was correct and they were dry.
I want to share you a picture of two lads, who got the show, got the spirit of it and laughed loads. the last few audiences before today were lovely and I would float for the rest of the day on that gig.
It helps to live with nice people, I’m living with a comedian called Larry Dean, we never met before our housing arrangement and it’s been fun, we enjoy the Book Of Mormon soundtrack and emotionally abusing each other. I’m still smoking and now listening to P!nk’s second album, I’m 14 again. my granddad and boyfriend arrive in a few days, I’m counting the hours. I love the fringe

Cornelius O’Sullivan

My journey is at an end and I fly home tomorrow. My heart is full of hope. Here is what I’m hoping for…

I hope to come back next year.
I hope my wife and my baby will come with me.
I hope to use what I learned this year and use that knowledge wisely.
I hope to have brand new material when I do come back.
I hope to get a better location and venue.
I hope folk will continue to laugh at my comedy.
I hope in fact they will laugh longer and louder.
I hope to be as happy as I am now.

Here’s to hope.